Veggie Heaven: Recipes, Bay Area Restaurant Reviews, Life, and more!

2.23.2011

I'm LOVING Tastebook.com

My friend Judith introduced me to the wonders of Tastebook.com. This website is an amazing resource for recipes, searching through countless websites to find you the perfect recipe for you, based on ingredients you have on hand or a general feeling for the taste that you want to create. You can save recipes to your library, make notes, and share it with friends. It's much cooler (and tastier) than reading about your ex-roommate's boyfriends hangover on your Facebook Mini-Feed.

Here's a screenshot of my recipe box:

For dinner tonight, I've been wanting to try out the red lentils that we have in our cabinet, and we have a few sweet potatoes I'd like to use up. Here's what Tastebook recommends for me (ignore that annoying spyware doctor ad in the lower-right)...


Suggestions include "Sweet Potato and Curried Red Lentil Pizza," "Lentil and Roasted Garlic Soup," "Vegan Coconut, Pumpkin, and Red Lentil Soup," and several others, including "Ruth's Red Lentil and Potato Soup."

"Ruth's Red Lentil and Potato Soup" looks delicious, filling, and warming. Based on the ingredients, it looks like swapping sweet potatoes in for the red potatoes could work just fine. It calls for "file powder," which I've never heard of before. Upon clicking on the full recipe at AllRecipes.com (another one of my favorites), the author of the recipe mentions that you can omit the file powder (still curious about what it is).

Looks like we have a winner! I'll cook it up tonight and let you know how it goes.

Mmmmm.... Soooooup....

No comments:

Post a Comment